white or black cochins?

coachwife2004

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 29, 2008
Texas
I bought my chicks from a local feed store I got what they sold as blue cochins, but they are now almost totally feathered and they really look more white than blue? Do they change later or did I just get unlucky picks?
idunno.gif

We have 8 1/2 week old blue and black mottled bantam cochins. They were all white, yellow and black for the longest time. Cute little things. They've been feathering out and we're seeing daily changes in their markings. Here's a shot of them from a few weeks ago, you can see how they are filling in dark in the back.
P2280488.jpg

Again a shot taken just a few days ago. You can see one of our roosters definitely will be a dark mottled - a real sweetheart guy... And you can see how the others are growing...

P3120505.jpg

Enjoy your babies - to me ours are the most precious gift.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time
Any fool can do it
There ain't nothing to it
Nobody knows how we got to
The top of the hill
But since we're on our way down
We might as well enjoy the ride

Last edited:
bigmike&nan :

We have 8 1/2 week old blue and black bantam cochins. They were all white, yellow and black for the longest time. Cute little things. They've been feathering out and we're seeing daily changes in their markings. Here's a shot of them from a few weeks ago, you can see how they are filling in dark in the back.
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd80/mikennansourhouse/P2280488.jpg

You got a pair of mottle.​

Back
Top Bottom