White Orpington?

lovemyflock

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
Maryland
Hi! Would someone be able to help with this chick? I ordered a white orpington, but her wing feathers are coming in light gray/silver...will she keep this color? Or be more white after her first molt? She's just about a week old now. Is this how white orpingtons typically look?

BantamLover21

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 24, 2013
Doesn't look like a White Orpington to me. White chicks are almost always yellow or white when they're young, not bluish like this chick. I would say that you have a Blue Orpington.

lovemyflock

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
Maryland
Ok, we'll that's kind of exciting! I've wanted a blue orpington, but never ordered one because if the splash and black possibility.

Thank you :)

Basskids08

Chick Logging
5 Years
Mar 9, 2014
In the country somewhere
Hi! Would someone be able to help with this chick? I ordered a white orpington, but her wing feathers are coming in light gray/silver...will she keep this color? Or be more white after her first molt? She's just about a week old now. Is this how white orpingtons typically look?

That is such a cute picture, looks like she is posing for you. I also think it's blue, as it looks like my blue Orpington did at that age, maybe just a tad lighter. :cd

brandoncakes

Songster
9 Years
Aug 25, 2010
Kailua, HI
white orpington chicks are almost always yellow with gray on the top their heads and down their back. But all feathering should grow out 100% white. I agree you got a blue.

Top Bottom