White Peafowl - Pattern or Color?

MinxFox

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 16, 2010
Pensacola, FL
I know somewhere this was mentioned but I can't find it. I know the white peafowl is listed as a color, but to me that didn't make since because of what I have learned on here and from talking to breeders about how white masks whatever variety the bird is. Thus I think that makes it possible for someone to breed a 'white' to a blackshoulder and get blackshoulder chicks because the white was really a blackshoulder white. Is that correct? I think that is what Bird Man said to me about how he can breed to his whites to get more of some color and I was like "What?!" and then I thought about it and remembered how white masks.

So how do I properly classify white peafowl?

I need to know because I am making a really cool chart with illustrations of all patterns and colors (but not all combinations), and I have white listed under patterns but wasn't sure if it should be under color, or if it even needs its very own section apart from the patterns and the colors.
---------
When I finish the illustration chart I will post it on here as well as my website and the peafowl image database can use it as well if you want to. So far I think I have just a few colors left but I still need to make the peahens and then green peafowl and spalding peafowl.

Haha thank you soo much! I tried searching for the answer on the search bar but didn't come up with an answer and I would have skipped over a topic titled "genetic"
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom