1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

White Princess Kidded!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by helmstead, Mar 2, 2009.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    And his name is

Helmstead Minis S Royal Heir

Many of you might remember my sweet little silver buckskin buck, Sinatra, who died last October from sudden onset UC (later hypothesized to have been caused by congenital sel/copper def.). He died only a week after breeding Princess and Moo for his first hurrahs...and we didn't think the breedings took.

ONE DID!

I kept thinking it was 'odd' that Princess's udder was developing so much more than Moo's...I shaved her backside and moved her to the nursery pen as a precaution...that little voice in my head saying, "Well...maybe it IS Sinatra's?". But I blew off the notion.

Her due date for Sinatra's breeding? Today.

So...I was so surprised to see gloop streaming today at 3:00 when I went to drop hay! Really I was dreadfully worried, because kidding today, in my mind, meant abortion...MAN was I relieved to see fully formed, normal sized hooves coming out! WHEW!

Other than being elbows back, the kidding went fantastically! He's a cute light cream with a top knot! Too bad Sin didn't pass along his buckskin color and blue eyes...but I'm just tickled that his last enjoyable moment really counted for something!

[​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    How sweet! Congrats, Kate!

3. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    aww Congratulations. What a sweetie.

4. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    Cute! How much? Just kidding! [​IMG] Don't you hate that question when they are little

5. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Congrats to you and to Sinatra for a job well done!

6. ThornyRidge

ThornyRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    He definately looks like a keeper to me!!! He's beautiful, glad all went well. [​IMG]

7. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    How great! Aleast he left you with something!

8. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    WoW! Look at the coat on him! I'll bet he is a fluffball tonight. Really cute.

9. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Awwww!! Congrats!! '

I wanted to thank you again for all your help with my kidding crisis!!

That baby is beautiful!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by