White Princess Kidded!

helmstead

Songster
12 Years
Mar 12, 2007
Alfordsville, IN
And his name is

Helmstead Minis S Royal Heir

Many of you might remember my sweet little silver buckskin buck, Sinatra, who died last October from sudden onset UC (later hypothesized to have been caused by congenital sel/copper def.). He died only a week after breeding Princess and Moo for his first hurrahs...and we didn't think the breedings took.

ONE DID!

I kept thinking it was 'odd' that Princess's udder was developing so much more than Moo's...I shaved her backside and moved her to the nursery pen as a precaution...that little voice in my head saying, "Well...maybe it IS Sinatra's?". But I blew off the notion.

Her due date for Sinatra's breeding? Today.

So...I was so surprised to see gloop streaming today at 3:00 when I went to drop hay! Really I was dreadfully worried, because kidding today, in my mind, meant abortion...MAN was I relieved to see fully formed, normal sized hooves coming out! WHEW!

Other than being elbows back, the kidding went fantastically! He's a cute light cream with a top knot! Too bad Sin didn't pass along his buckskin color and blue eyes...but I'm just tickled that his last enjoyable moment really counted for something!

royalheir030209.jpg

Back
Top Bottom