White Rooster

Teacherchick18

Songster
6 Years
May 17, 2013
Texas
Help!! I raised this handsome fellow from a baby under the pretense that he was a hen. Recently, he has begun making a noise that can only be considered an early crow. My neighborhood does not allow roosters so I need to find him a good home quick! I am not asking a rehoming fee, just that you are able to come get him. He has been handled pretty regularly so he is still friendly. He's around 8 weeks old and has been with other chickens since birth. I am located in Central Texas along the IH35 corridor. If you are interested in him please let me know! Thanks!!!

Last edited:
That bird is a hen, in fact it looks like possibly a leghorn hen. Wrong body shape and tail feathers for a rooster, size is to compact for a rooster. There are also no saddle or heckle feathers and no spurs. That is a hen.

I know he still looks small and doesn't have Spurs yet but he is a roo. He's been crowing and his saddle feathers are starting to come in. This pic was taken when he was still very young. Thanks for everyone's interest. We were able to find him a home, but I do appreciate your willingness to help us out!

That bird is a hen, in fact it looks like possibly a leghorn hen. Wrong body shape and tail feathers for a rooster, size is to compact for a rooster. There are also no saddle or heckle feathers and no spurs. That is a hen.
At only 8 weeks old, with a comb that red, it's a cockerel. He's just still too young for male specific feathering.

I know he still looks small and doesn't have Spurs yet but he is a roo. He's been crowing and his saddle feathers are starting to come in. This pic was taken when he was still very young. Thanks for everyone's interest. We were able to find him a home, but I do appreciate your willingness to help us out!

i had over read the 8 weeks old part, i did not realize it was so young. We own somewhere around 200 chickens with 40 of them being white leghorn hens and everyone always thinks they are roos because of the large combs. Glad you found him a home though. I hope you enjoy your other hens!!
big_smile.png

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom