White spot on head-does this mean chick will end up barred?

April0617

Songster
Feb 28, 2020
SE Wisconsin
This is Toot. Toot was supposed to have a Delaware daddy, but based on his five toes and feathered feet, I believe Toot was actually fathered by a sneaky silkie. Toot is adorable. Toot also has a prominent white dot on the top of his head. Does that mean he'll be barred? Or just indicate that he carries a barred gene? I believe his biological mother is a black sex link, so the barred gene would be there somewhere... Just curious because I already think he is gorgeous 😁
PXL_20210516_203547646~2.jpg
Also, of course I have no idea if Toot is a he or a she, but I'm just letting myself be pleasantly surprised if any of these chicks we hatched end up being pullets!

Head spot is a trait of chicks that have the barring gene.

What other Barred birds do you have?
Hmmm, none that I know of😊 I got the eggs from a friend. Dad would either be the Delaware or the silkie. Possible moms would be Delaware, Lavender orpington, black/red sex link. She has a couple bantam cochins, but the bantam sized eggs didn't hatch. The barred gene wouldn't have come from a sex link? I'm genuinely curious. I know nothing about genetics.

Hmmm, none that I know of😊 I got the eggs from a friend. Dad would either be the Delaware or the silkie. Possible moms would be Delaware, Lavender orpington, black/red sex link. She has a couple bantam cochins, but the bantam sized eggs didn't hatch. The barred gene wouldn't have come from a sex link? I'm genuinely curious. I know nothing about genetics.
The mother must've been the Delaware hen then. So the silkie was the dad.

What color is the Silkie?

Back
Top Bottom