White Spots on Comb - Fowl Pox? (Golden Comets)

GoldenComets1

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2022
My golden comets are about a year old. None of them appear to have any change in weight, and they're all a bit on the small side. I noticed about three days ago that the faces and combs of three hens in my flock are spotted with white. They don't have any injuries, but the three with the spots are molting and the others are not. They also have not been laying eggs. They've been eating and drinking normally - layer feed and water. Their poop appears normal. I haven't tried any treatments so far, but I intend to treat it myself if possible. The chickens have a large wooden coop with pine shavings for bedding and a run that I rake leaves into for their bedding.

Attachments

• 16716491022667785929163887411450.jpg
    16716491022667785929163887411450.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 39
Hens who are molting and have stopped laying tend to have paler, smaller combs. They also look to have dry skin common in winter. I see one with some mild comb injury with scabs, and that can be from pecking or injury.

Hens who are molting and have stopped laying tend to have paler, smaller combs. They also look to have dry skin common in winter. I see one with some mild comb injury with scabs, and that can be from pecking or injury.
Oh, thank you so much for you reply! This is my first flock so I worry about every little thing 😅

Back
Top Bottom