white stuff on chickens earlobe

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Drover, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Drover

Drover Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2011
    my buff orpington rooster recently started getting this white stuff growing on his earlobe. I will try and post a picture. I really need it gone, because I will be showing him at the fair and I dont want him disqualified:(
    does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
  3. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    From the picture, it doesn't look like it's something that's growing on the ear lobe, more like it's just the color of the ear lobe. Are you sure they haven't just started changing color? We have a hen with ear lobes that look similar to that, and they've been that way for years. It's just the color of her ear lobes.

4. TanyaDonegan

TanyaDonegan New Egg

Jul 3, 2013
    My Buff Orpington and several of my Red Sex Links have developed that same white stuff on their ears/ear lobes too. I thought it looked like some kind of fungus and my Orpington scratches and scratches her ears. I too am researching what is it and how to treat it. I use Young Living Essential Oils and will try some oils on them to see if it gets rid of it. In the meantime, if anyone knows how to treat I'd be glad to hear about it!

1 person likes this.
  5. Tnate

Tnate Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2014
    One of my BR has a more powdery look to the face...treating it with YL oils too.

6. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
  7. Tnate

Tnate Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2014
    I started applying young livings thieves and purification in coconut oil... We shall see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by