White watery poop!

Momszoo

Chirping
9 Years
May 24, 2012
I have yet to find a satisfactory answer to a question I have. I have a 5 month old buff brahama rooster that got out of the run some how last weekend in the middle of the night. He must have come down to the house because of the porch light which is right under our bed room window. We heard him squawking and woke up. When I got down there he was across the field and I saw eye shine (probably a cat) near him and he came running as fast as he could to me. I scooped him up and looked him over and didn't see anything but missing feathers. No blood or holes just soaking wet from the rain. I brought him into the coop and put him on the roost and went back to bed. The next morning all the other chickens were out pecking and he was still hunched on the roost in the same spot with his eyes closed. I thought maybe I missed an injury or that he was just really warn out from the nights adventures. When I tried to tempted him with some treats the other roosters attacked him so I put him in my hospital wing to recover from his stress. Then that day he started pooping watery white poop. No blood, no worms, no color at all. He won't eat and barely moves. Just sleeps. I put antibiotics in his water in case it was coccidiosis but it doesn't look like he's drinking anything. So my question is, can an attack (stress) cause chickens to become ill? Does it stress them out so much that they're unable to fight off bacteria? Does this sound like anything anyone has heard or seen before? He's a meat bird but I really don't want him to suffer while he's alive. That's the whole point.

Last edited:
He was up and walking a bit more yesterday. He ate a bit of squash and sunflower seeds but still seems out of it. Sleeping a lot. And his comb is looking purpleish. I posted on another thread and someone said that yes they can get sick from stress. I'll just keep babying him until he's better or passes.

Back
Top Bottom