White x Brown Chinese/African colors

telandra2

Songster
Apr 29, 2021
Spokane, WA
Searching for Brown x White I found this from 2017:
Brown Chinese x White Chinese cross would result in white girls & brown splash boys
Is that correct? Does color become gender linked?

What about sucessive generations? If one crosses the mixes and inbreeds swan geese can you get other interesting color combos like with greylag geese? I would think the people that originally created the breed would have more colors if it was possible.

I'm debating getting a white gander for my brown hens and wondering about the future goslings.

Ok so with geese this gets really complicated. there is a calculator you can play with I will give you the link. So from what I understand already and what Im still learning. Geese have allot less limited colors than ducks.
Lets start with My African Dewlap I have right now Buffs and Browns (grey) by breeding my brown boys to my buff girls I get all brown. By breeding my Buff boys to my brown girls I get sexed linked. All boys brown All girls buff. But that dosent mean I might not have a hidden gene BB1 because someone already did that in one of the boys and there carrying it.. Iv been sending all of the buff babies egg shells to DNA testing so far girls.
I have 6 white Africans coming this year and there is so much little info.
So from what I understand so far Buff Geese and Chocolate Ducks are what you call sex linked. The boy caries the color... Just like the geese when I breed a Chocolate Drake to a black girl The girls are chocolate the Boys are black. Works with blue but its diluted.
White is diffident. White is a hidden color.
Remember Im still learning but to get a true white that breeds white not a Dimorphic white. (dimorphic is when the male shows one color and the female shows another color but there color genetics are the same) (kinda like men get more facial hair then women) (its different than sex linked) Sex linked means the girls dont carry the color.
To get White you have to bring white in and from what I understand so far it needs to be breed to pied and diluted. Then its a percentage that will be true white.
Sory to make this so painful
Here is the calculator
http://kippenjungle.nl/kruisingFlex...,C;RP;Silver;Buff;Cream;&ID=ganscalculator4IE

Back
Top Bottom