white

And ALL whites are "hiding" something. White is an OFF switch that prevents colours and patterns that are genetically present in the bird from displaying. The different whites WORK differently at the cellular level, but they all prevent genetically present colours or patterns from putting in their appearance.

What breed of Rooster?

Chris
he is a d'uccle

i have the following d'uccle colors:
self blue with porcelain heritage
porcelain with reg mille heritage
golden neck

none d'uccle:
partridge cochin
buff brahama
silkie mix (they have milli and white in their background)
project favorollas (sp) in blue and black
black oegb

ia there any color i could throw a white rooster over to see if it is hiding anything?
if you really want to know what i he hiding then your best bet is to use a wildtype gold duckwing rooster, or commonly known as Black Breasted Red.. but the closest birds that comes close to wildtype on your list are the Faverolles(none blue) and Partridge.. but thats it, Using black is NOT a good option at all, Black can hide may genes itself, so thats a no no

if you really want to know what i he hiding then your best bet is to use a wildtype gold duckwing rooster, or commonly known as Black Breasted Red.. but the closest birds that comes close to wildtype on your list are the Faverolles(none blue) and Partridge.. but thats it, Using black is NOT a good option at all, Black can hide may genes itself, so thats a no no
The problem I have found with using wild type birds is that if the White bird is "hiding" Gold then you will never know. Where if you first cross to Black then the chances are good that if the White bird is hiding Gold then it will show up in the hackles of the offspring.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom