Whiting True Blue Chicks

Found this egg today ... It's brown :hmm Got to be Red who's the other WTG. Did a pelvic bone & vent check. Not in the nest ... Put some fake eggs in the nest :fl
Red is in pic #2, her egg #1
Speckles is pic #4, her eggs #3 ... Color's dull olive green
Waiting on the WTB to lay, thinking another month according to the pelvic check. Don't mind the wait but sure would like to know what color ;)View attachment 1981549View attachment 1981550 View attachment 1981551View attachment 1981552

They look very similar. Your brown egg layer must be a sexlink or cross of some kind. I don't have any Whiting True Greens as a comparison. I only have the True Blues and my friend keeps a breeding flock. They mostly look like slender Easter Eggers, they just all lay nice blue eggs.
Fingers crossed you get some blue eggs soon! :fl

I was wrong ... The WTG wanted to lay their eggs in the poop board today, long story short I put them in the nest (backwards, going head first they freaked). They stayed & laid their eggs, I stayed & watched. The green eggs are from Red, the brown from Speckles. Another surprise is the egg colors, the shades have changed. The olive green now looks bluish green and the brown looks pinkish.

Egg size is still small but I won't have to buy eggs anymore .... Eggs started on Wednesday, today is day 5 & I have 6 eggs. Once the WTB start, I'll be giving eggs away again.

2019 Chickens - 12 WTG Eggs:natural lite.jpg

I was wrong ... The WTG wanted to lay their eggs in the poop board today, long story short I put them in the nest (backwards, going head first they freaked). They stayed & laid their eggs, I stayed & watched. The green eggs are from Red, the brown from Speckles. Another surprise is the egg colors, the shades have changed. The olive green now looks bluish green and the brown looks pinkish.

Egg size is still small but I won't have to buy eggs anymore .... Eggs started on Wednesday, today is day 5 & I have 6 eggs. Once the WTB start, I'll be giving eggs away again.

View attachment 1982170

Beautiful egg colors! :thumbsup Some shade variation is normal and in a week or so the egg size and shape will become more consistent for each hen.

My friend just hatched some WTB today so I’m taking 6 tomorrow to throw in with the Marans I hatched yesterday.

:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya

Yay!! You're going to love them!!
My friend just hatched some WTB today so I’m taking 6 tomorrow to throw in with the Marans I hatched yesterday.

:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya

Yay!! You're going to love them! They lay beautiful blue eggs and they're little egg machines, lol.

@CluckNDoodle and @ChickNanny13 those gorgeous blue and partridge hens you posted, do you remember what they looked like as chicks?

I got this little partridge one that looks like it has skate/blue down too mayyybe, and then this solid blue one too. :fl:fl:fl

in addition to these two, I got a solid yellow chick and two more partridge brown ones!

CF09AE09-B1ED-49F4-96FE-1987DEA57DF4.jpeg

A132F490-60AA-473F-AEF6-60F439FDFD57.jpeg

93A21A43-8EF6-4551-9CDC-4A846FC3D291.jpeg

@CluckNDoodle and @ChickNanny13 those gorgeous blue and partridge hens you posted, do you remember what they looked like as chicks?

I got this little partridge one that looks like it has skate/blue down too mayyybe, and then this solid blue one too. :fl:fl:fl

in addition to these two, I got a solid yellow chick and two more partridge brown ones!

View attachment 2001822

View attachment 2001823

View attachment 2001824

So sweet!! My blue hen with the rust breast actually looked almost identical to my brown pullets when she first hatched but it was clear that she was showing different coloration by the time she was about 6 weeks old.

4-13-18.jpg
5-7-18 (2).JPG

12-11-19 (3).JPG

Back
Top Bottom