Whiting true blue maybe? Rooster or hen?

Annabee093

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2020
I ordered 3 whiting true blues with my last order. I believe this guy is the third one. And even though it was suppose to be all hens I’m thinking possible he is a rooster (yea I’ve already been calling him he) thoughts? Maybe he’s a suprise breed. Or not a rooster ?
494A2E8E-6A52-46A1-91DF-8AB5A023B6B8.jpeg
7E898451-79E3-4DFC-B990-E090E8C70A64.jpeg

I ordered 3 whiting true blues with my last order. I believe this guy is the third one. And even though it was suppose to be all hens I’m thinking possible he is a rooster (yea I’ve already been calling him he) thoughts? Maybe he’s a suprise breed. Or not a rooster ? View attachment 2492920View attachment 2492922
The tail feathers make it look like a roo. I'm not familiar enough with this breed to fully know.

It is a cockerel. Red shoulder patches coming in. Whiting true blue can have many appearances. Look a bit like EE or ameraucana mixed with leghorn, as this is what was used to create them.
That’s what I was thinking as well. Thank you!!!! He acts more roo-ish IMO. Stands more upright and is bigger than the other two I ordered but wanted confirmation. Thank you!!!! Do you happen to know the disposition of these roosters typically. He’s so prettty I don’t want to part ways but I also ordered my buff Orpington rooster with this batch so I’m not sure what to do 😢

That’s what I was thinking as well. Thank you!!!! He acts more roo-ish IMO. Stands more upright and is bigger than the other two I ordered but wanted confirmation. Thank you!!!! Do you happen to know the disposition of these roosters typically. He’s so prettty I don’t want to part ways but I also ordered my buff Orpington rooster with this batch so I’m not sure what to do 😢
If they grow up together then they CAN be okay. Did they grow up together?

Wait and see which one treats the females best and which one you like best. Also depends on what you plan to do with your chickens. Are you planning to breed them? I do not have any WTB myself, but I have heard they are a bit skittish. They are a new breed that only breed true for egg color. Every bird will have it's own personality though. 😊

Back
Top Bottom