Whizbang Plucker help

Ahavati

Songster
Sep 12, 2016
Woodville, TX
We purchased one of these last year and it needed the motor/electrical components. We finally got all that hooked up on it. We used it today but everytime we stuck a chicken in it, once it hit the featherplate, it stopped. When you'd pick up the chicken off the featherplate, it would start up spinning again.

Any ideas on what is going on? We have a farm duty 3/4hp motor on it.

Okay my DH2B built us a whizzbang and finished it late last fall.

Originally we put a salvaged motor on it but it had the same problem. We ended up having to replace the motor with a new one.

I can text him and ask him what the motor is we use in ours and what the old one was. Did you put your motor new?

Okay I remember that the one that we bought used was supposed to be strong enough but being older(idk how old but it seems like a pretty old motor) it didn't have the oomph.

Now that we've replaced it it runs perfectly.

Okay I've heard back from him...below is his response.
It's a one horse power ag motor. At 1750 rpm. The old one was just a 1 horse power motor. The ag/agriculture motors are beefier and have more umph

I think you need to find a 1 hp motor and try that. They're not cheap but we got ours at harbor freight it was a display model on clearance and we got it for a steal.

Thank you! Looks like we might have to look into a new motor...ahhh. This one wasn't cheap even used. The book said 3/4hp farm duty so that's what we went with. We'll probably check out Harbor Freight.

Thanks! We are about to fire it up next Sunday. So we'll try one extension cord (we bought good ones), I saw in the book the more you use the less the power is. We will also see about switching out the spring! If that doesn't work, we'll get a new motor.

Back
Top Bottom