Whizbang Plucker with Feather Chute??

I was searching the web last night for stockpots that large and couldn't find any. i was also looking for heavy polyethylene muck buckets that could work, but didn't come up with much.

Now that I know what size to look for, I am finding them. The largest I came across before was 120 qt...

Aluminum for under $300, stainless for around $500 at most places.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to thank everyone for their input. I'm quickly reaching the point where I will be making the chute. I will try to post pics when I'm finished. I hope someone else tries this and will post their results.

We need a plucker sticky!!!

P.S. I don't know how many of you have recycling facilities near you but I found several parts for my plucker at ours including the material for the featherplate (1/4 inch heat treated aluminum)....free. You just need to be patient and persistent. A local machine shop wanted $120 for the same material. I saw lots of stainless as well but never found a piece large enough.

Hm, with that giant stockpot would you just cut out the bottom and use it for the feather plate?

We definitely need a plucker sticky. I'm thinking about building a whizbang next year.

Back
Top Bottom