Who’s Your Friendliest Bird?

Prince and Pavo

Songster
Apr 4, 2023
Hello!

I wanted to start a thread for people to share about some of their friendliest and favorite birds… hens, roosters, or any other species! What advice would you give to other people so that they can raise very friendly birds as well?

I have a hen named Frieda. She’s super sweet and doesn’t mind being pet and even held and cuddled! She’s probably my favorite hen… my silkie Tiny comes in a close second though! Here are some pics of my favorite Easter Egger girl 🥰 3FDE0B9F-83F0-45FD-B7D8-4DD45631C452.jpeg 4C414CC4-A903-44CC-96E2-53E9A69DABB4.jpeg EF76E319-2BC8-486F-9EC8-19090A2B59CC.jpeg A03E2DD9-3830-47CD-B3F1-BDA0624DB5A0.jpeg

Hello!

I wanted to start a thread for people to share about some of their friendliest and favorite birds… hens, roosters, or any other species! What advice would you give to other people so that they can raise very friendly birds as well?

I have a hen named Frieda. She’s super sweet and doesn’t mind being pet and even held and cuddled! She’s probably my favorite hen… my silkie Tiny comes in a close second though! Here are some pics of my favorite Easter Egger girl 🥰View attachment 3523816View attachment 3523818View attachment 3523817View attachment 3523819
I would say sitting in with the, food treats, and handling

I have 2 pullets that compete for my attention. As soon as one is in my lap the other one is there within seconds. They are jealous of each other I think. One is a Delaware and the other is a much younger White Giant. Both pullets. They can sit with me and listen to my sweet nothings for a half hour at a time. Then I have to go and check the other coops and they are not happy with me until I'm back.

I have 2 pullets that compete for my attention. As soon as one is in my lap the other one is there within seconds. They are jealous of each other I think. One is a Delaware and the other is a much younger White Giant. Both pullets. They can sit with me and listen to my sweet nothings for a half hour at a time. Then I have to go and check the other coops and they are not happy with me until I'm back.
Both of these girls will fly up to my shoulders unexpectedly to get my attention. I've never had this kind of pet chickens before. Love every minute that I get to spend with them.

Hello!

I have a hen named Frieda. She’s super sweet and doesn’t mind being pet and even held and cuddled! She’s probably my favorite hen… my silkie Tiny comes in a close second though! Here are some pics of my favorite Easter Egger girl 🥰View attachment 3523816View attachment 3523818View attachment 3523817View attachment 3523819
I have several super friendly birds.

One is a Rouen called quacks. Loves waiting for us to dig up worms for her.

One is a barred rock called Coco bird. Likes hanging around us.

And one is an unknown breed who pets us pick her up and pet her easily.

To socialize a bird, it is best to start as chicks. Spend lots of time with them, pet them, give lots of treate. Rinse and repeat that over and over.

Mine are still little but so far my splash maran by miles. She waits for me to come in and walks along the fence of the run if I'm walking on the outside. As soon as i walk in she is at my feet waiting for me to pick her up. Loves to sit in my lap. She won't jump up on me like some of the others but she just isn't really a jumper. Last on on the roost every night. She is the sweetest bird I have ever seen. And I think she's mighty pretty too!

Attachments

• 20230530_184639.jpg
    20230530_184639.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom