Who are they?

Lunie

Chirping
Oct 4, 2022
Hi! I have already posted my new member thing and I was hoping I could get some help! I have 6 chicks that were sold to me as the wrong breed and wrong job I guess lol. They were suppose to be Rhode Island Reds that were egg layers but their color is wrong and they are the fattest and laziest chickens I have ever seen. I thought they would grow into their color but I was clearly wrong. When I was watching them grow I saw a couple of them were kind of fat legged but I thought they would be like my other hen who us an egg layer but she's just a bit rounder than the others she came with. I was hoping you guys can help me figure out their breed! My guess is they were Rhode Island Whites but that's just from a quick google search and I'd like to get a more experienced person to help me out. These chicks only move to get food or water and even then they just sit by the feeder or waterer to get what they want. We do have a coop for them but we are in the process of moving it around so they are in that cagey thing. Here are two of my mystery babes. They look a to similar to my smokeys that are currently making a mess in the yard but they act so different.

Attachments

• mystery babes.jpg
    mystery babes.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 10
  • smokeys.jpg
    smokeys.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 7
Oh that makes me sad. I will have to find someone to process them for me. Thank you for the help!
I'm sorry this happened. It's actually pretty common for meat birds to get mixed up with other breeds from farm stores. Not sure why it happened so constantly, but it does and it's a bummer for the people that bought them.
They will be good eating, though!

Back
Top Bottom