Who Breeds These Awesome Birds??? Click to See :D

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by DrinkTheRainbow, Jul 10, 2011.

1. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    Red Jungle Fowl
    Grey Jungle Fowl
    Ceylon Jungle Fowl
    Ayam Cemani
    That Game Fowl
    Ga Tre
    Hand-fantail Ma Lai Bantams
    Ko Shamo
    Ogye
    Sumatra
    Ohiki

Oh, I would be so happy if someone knew of some breeders that have the top notch birds closest to "perfection". (I shouldn't be asking for too much as I'm really not that rich [​IMG] )

Thank You!

2. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    alot of hatcheries have the sumatras! They are very pretty but apparently do not lay well and do best in warm climates. But the roosters tail!!!! WOW!!!!

3. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    I don't want hatchery birds because I heard they are horrible... *sobs*

4. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    Quote:I don't know about the Sumatras, but I've purchased hatchery birds of other breeds that I thought were very pretty. Of course, it all depends on what you want them for. Since you mentioned you wanted birds very close to the standard of perfection, a hatchery probably won't be your best choice, though I have heard of people showing some hatchery birds with good results. If you, however, are just looking for birds for eggs or yard decorations, then hatchery birds are great. Also, since you mentioned you didn't want to spend a lot, you could always order hatchery birds (well, the sumatras. I'm pretty sure some of those other breeds are quite rare.) and breed for improvement.

5. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Quote:You have been misinformed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by