Who deserves the most sympathy?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Criskin, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

I just read this: http://www.newsok.com/article/3509123.

I'm not sure who I feel sorry for the most...the man, his neighbors, his dog or the city officials who get to keep this colorful character in line. Minus the dog dying, it would make a great movie. You don't get many scenes with a lawnmower getaway. What do you guys think?

2. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    What's the "whole" story?

This guy was doing things before this all happened, what were they?

3. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

The story says "Chancellor said Fry once climbed a silo with a rifle. Another time he tried to buy a bullet-resistant vest, saying he wanted to shoot cops, the officer said."

That's why I just can't decide what to think about this story...I mean, chances are he is just a harmless small town character. You never know, though.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I could see myself breaking my dog out of the pound too.. [​IMG]

Like they said..others WOULD have taken that dog in so it wasnt killed.
    The town was just being vindictive and killed the dog.
    And to put a old man in jail because he broke a dog out of a pound... Just sick.
    While they let the child molersters live next door to you...
    Dont even get me started...

5. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Sounds like the man may have some mental issues, in which case I feel for him AND the police department. If we don't have the appropriate facilities to handle the mentally ill in our larger cities, chances are, where he lives is going to be even less equiped. It's a no-win situation for both parties.
    I think the biggest part of my sympathies lie with the dog, who was totally innocent in the whole situation. Seems like the whole thing could've been avoided if the son had at least retrieved the dog from the pound!

6. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Everyone gets treated equally under the law, whether they have been annoying before or not.

I think it could have been handled differently, but if any tv paper, web or radio news report ever published all the facts of a case, I'd stab myself with a spork in the eye.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

They did say the dog had a history of being loose, and that the man is a nuisance. So the dog get my sympathy. Animals can't pick their owners.

8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Who deserves the most sympathy?

Buddy Tough does. Had an irresponsible owner whose actions got him a death sentence.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  9. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    Quote:x2

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Quote:And here I thought it was just me....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by