1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Who DIDN'T get what they wanted from Santa? What?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by erthymom2, Dec 25, 2008.

1. erthymom2

erthymom2 Songster

May 23, 2008
    Ok, I'll go first...I wanted a chop/miter saw, instead I got a socket set (to go with the other 2 sets I already have I guess.)

2. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Songster

Jul 9, 2008
    I was getting 2 incubators. The little 3 egg RComs. I am going to do a trial run, and then later this year hatch a few babies with my grandchildren. They didn't come and are lost in UPS never never land. I expect them to turn up in the new year though.

Right now I am having a traditional breakfast of...Christmas cookies.

Wouldn't want them to go stale.

3. erthymom2

erthymom2 Songster

May 23, 2008
    Right now I am having a traditional breakfast of...Christmas cookies.

That was my breakfast too at 4am....sure helped me get thru chores!!

4. geoaware

geoaware Songster

Dec 3, 2007
    Southern Maine
    I got all a man could ask for from Santa...[​IMG]

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I got a morning hug from my son, my health ain't durn bad either! I dropped a couple of hints for something to my parents but it didn't pan out, that's ok, I'll get it myself!

Now if someone would just answer that darn Craigslist ad for all the woodworking equipment in my shed I could buy it!

Edited to add: Just got my first egg from one of Whitey's last baby ducks!!!!!! It's a beautiful green which means Twinkie the Runner is daddy.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  6. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    I got a great morning with the 4 greatest children in the world and a very sweet husband. Life is SO good! I couldn't ask for more. [​IMG]

7. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    David Bowie wasn't in my living room waiting to sing to me this morning [​IMG]

Other that that I got what I wanted ((sigh)) I guess.

8. dixiechick

dixiechick Songster

I wanted my stubborn eggs to hatch!!! Other than that, got all the love and fun of the holidays with family and friends--and been eating Christmas cookies since 3:30 am!

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I didn't get what I wanted, but everyone else did, and that's all that matters.

10. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Santa must REALLY like me!!!! I got the three most wonderful little boys a mom could ask for, chickens who appreciate me very much, a warmer than usual day, my stomach virus is ALMOST gone (just that bubbling cauldron feeling left), my puppy didn't get sick from her almost poisoning incident yesterday....the list is endless......and I don't even have one tiny scrap of paper to dispose of from all that!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: