who do you order your veggie seeds from

I'm smack dab in the middle of the state - Burlington. They have a big garden community at Twin Lakes where my folks are. I can't wait.

I lived in Gastonia as a child, Coyote.

I've ordered from Burpee's, Seeds of Change, Johnny's, Gurney's, and HenryFields among others. I have had mostly good experience with them all. I usually just spend hours looking through the catalogs and then buy from the one that has the most of what I want at the best prices. I also prefer to buy seeds grown in a climate similar to mine.

I just won a $25 gift certificate from Pinetree, so I guess that's where I'll be ordering from this year.

I was born in and grew up in Gastonia. Live in the Triangle area now. Came here for college and never left.

I've ordered from several of them out there, but my best experiences have been from buying locally as much as possible. For started plants (tomatoes, peppers, etc), the local university agricultural garden has been unbeatable. With limited space, buying there allows me more options than using seeds.

My cousin who works the grain business in Illinois sent me beans and corn seeds, which both did great. I HIGHLY recommend the Jade Green Beans - They were so tender and sweet and better than any other beans I've ever grown.

Back
Top Bottom