who do you order your veggie seeds from

gapeachy

Songster
11 Years
Oct 21, 2008
Rome Ga
I usually get my seeds from my local feed and seed but the last year my beans did not do good.....I have been looking at henry fields....has anybody tried them?

I'm not going on experience, as we used started veggies last year, but I'm going to try and start our own. Two potentials, Park seeds and Fedco... will be interested to see the replies from others!

I've been getting some seed catalogs here too and not sure which one would be the cheapest way of buying things without paying so much on shipping.

Beautiful catalogs tho!

I got a lot of mine this year from dangerouschicken!
big_smile.png

I also ordered from The Cook's Garden and a couple of other heirloom dealers. Seed Savers Exchange is great, if they have what you want in stock.

I would love to buy an apple tree or two of Gala tasting but not sure if they are strong to hold up on strong winds or they would have to be staked permently? How are the care of them, the dwarfs and semi dwarfs?

i tryed burpee in 2007 and found you get the same with more at walmart,
2008 we got SD seeds from the feed&seed,
you just have to check the pack dates on all seeds no matter where they come from,
we had a good year with cucumber and squash,
bad with tomatos beans and corn (no corn).

I would like the old heirloom type seeds I would like to try cowhorn okra......I liked the shumways website

I usually have no luck with seeds and look for already started plants. Glad someone asked this! I also have been eying Henry Field's site. I like their guarantee too.

We want you to be satisfied.

If you're not happy with one of our products, we'll replace it, give you a credit or refund your money for the full amount of your purchase price. All nursery stock, trees and plants are guaranteed for as long as you garden. All seeds and merchandise are guaranteed for one full year.​

Back
Top Bottom