Who does hand sewing/working without a pattern?

I have been sewing for well over 50 years. I do a lot of hand sewing & basting as well as using a machine. I do my quilting by hand, though, most of my piece work is on the machine. I also crochet, knit, make cards, just the usual grandma type stuff. On an average day I will spend 7-10 hours sewing or quilting. Then 2-3 doing other crafting or reading.

I love to sew. I've been hand quilting since high school, and I also hand-sew period costumes (dark ages/medieval through the civil war). I haven't sewn as much with the costumes since I've had my children, but I do sew a lot of clothing for them and coats/jackets. It is so much fun and a very relaxing outlet for me. Another thing I'm dabbling in are pillow cases :) What I really want to do is learn how to crochet.

I love to sew. I've been hand quilting since high school, and I also hand-sew period costumes (dark ages/medieval through the civil war). I haven't sewn as much with the costumes since I've had my children, but I do sew a lot of clothing for them and coats/jackets. It is so much fun and a very relaxing outlet for me. Another thing I'm dabbling in are pillow cases :) What I really want to do is learn how to crochet.

Crocheting is really easy to learn there are lots of you tube videos that can really help. And we have a swap up and going now if you want to practice.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/911152/2014-crochet-square-swap-colorful-circles

I learned to sew as soon as I could hold a yarn needle. Probably 3-4. There aren't any crafts I don 't enjoy but sewing, quilting (by hand), doll making, crochet & knitting are favorites. I didn't mean to be late with the ornament swap, but my on-line connections were lost in my dead computer. Then my son said "mom use your phone." Dah...

Right now I'm deep into maternity clothes for my daughter.

Back
Top Bottom