Who done It?? Photo Heavy

Quote:
I feed it instead of laying feed. The benefit so far is quicker refeathering and over all prettier birds. I can only get Blue Seal brand here.

Thanks! Maybe when I switch to Layena I will get some gamebirs too and mix it in there. We all want prettier birds!
wink.png

All of the hens I was having feathering issues with are full of feather shafts trying to fill in now. It is competely amazing that fater all this time I stumbled upon the answer to my problems.

Of all the feed that mill sells and all the people who recommend it as some of the best feed I can't believe it was the cause of all of my issues. I truly thought I was doing right by those hens and feeding them top quailty feed.

Lesson learned the hard way!

The odd thing I have seen with some chicks I am raising is that the ones out free ranging in the flock with adult hens have not feathered out as well as the chicks that are isolated in a coop and eating the Blue Seal chick 'n game starter.
Even though all these chicks were bought from the same hatchery at the same time. We just thought it would be funny to see the banty Cochins raising huge Jersey Giant and standard Cochin chicks so we put some out with them. The free range chicks have access to the same starter but they are eating more bugs, slugs and weeds. They just don't have the growth that the isolated chicks have.
It has been an interesting observation.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom