who else has young ducks that are..uh...practicing for spring? :D

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ducklove334, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    Sage and Boris have hit that age, and I can tell right now that Sage is gonna be a ummm...*ahem* Hussy(can i say that? [​IMG]).. lowering herself for every Drake that passes by.

and Boris...welll, he's gonna be a clueless yuts (sp?) when it comes to the whole girl thing [​IMG].

I'll have to get pictures next time I think about it, but it's rather funny to see Boris STANDING on Sages back, looking around like "ok, I got this far, now what?" and Sage is just like "........Idiot" [​IMG]

I can't wait for eggs from her, what color eggs do blue swedish lay anyways?, I get so many white eggs I could barf [​IMG]

2. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    Blue Swedish lay white eggs, sometimes they are tinted blue or gray.

3. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    I have a Rouen drake and a Cayuga duck, both about 27 weeks old right now.... and got my first duck egg today! I'm assuming they're fertile eggs, but haven't actually witnessed any mating. For the past couple of weeks though, Quackers the duck has been trying out one of the chickens nest boxes.

Hope they present you with eggs soon.... it's so much fun to get that first one!

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Yea my ducks are practicing.................on my chickens. who knew.

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

my ducks are doing the same thing [​IMG] . I also posted a couple days ago about my two plucking butt feathers out of my hens! [​IMG] I was told that the males can be quite sexually aggressive, but to my hens, who'd of thought, right? I have one female, and yes, they drive the poor girl nuts, everytime she gets in the kiddie pool, they are right there. I have one pekin female, one pekin drake, and a crested ? drake too.

6. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I did find a small egg this morning,a little bit smaller and longer than a mallard egg, but a little darker blue. I'm not sure whos it was, but I cracked it open and it had a bullseye..I have no way of knowing if any eggs are fertile cause no one likes to do the deed while i'm watching LMAO, but whos knows what they do when I'm not around [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by