Who else is getting SNOW?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SterlingAcres, Dec 19, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I finished all my outdoor chores early this morning. The animals are settled, fed and watered. I brought in extra firewood to let it dry and warm up. We just went grocery shopping, so we're squared away if the weather gets too bad.

It started about 1.5 hrs ago here. We've already got 2 inches easy. They're calling for 5-10 inches in this storm alone and I hear we've got 2 more coming before Christmas hits.

Anyone else getting hammered today? It's a nice cozy day inside with cocoa for us. [​IMG]

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    MICHIGAN!

There have been 400+ school closings in West Michigan ALONE (which is why I am on BYC instead of at work teaching!), and this storm is going straight across the lower peninsula. They have predicted up to 12" of snow in some areas before this thing winds down this afternoon.

3. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Everything is closed here in Western CT.. Expecting 10"-14". Hasn't started yet, but soon.. Kids are making me crazy!! [​IMG]

4. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Gaaawwwddddd, everyone is getting snow!!! Here in southeast Ohio we are getting whimpy yucky rain!!!

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Here in Ny were supposed to be getting 10-14" today, and then another huge snow storm on sunday, and yet another on christmas eve.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  6. Kathy1

Kathy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

We are expecting a big storm today, Boston and most cities have cancelled school or called for half days. Where I am we are to get 10-12 inches or more. MY son was hoping to wake up to no school today but he got a half day.

7. tinners204

tinners204 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Iowa
    Here in Southern Iowa we got 1/2 in. of ice and and a little snow. Northern Iowa got 11 in. The wind are suppose to be really bad on Sunday which means alot of people will be without power. Just another day in paradise!!!!!

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

The entire trip from Oregon (school) to Washington (home) is snow!!!

I can't get home!

The chickens neeeeed me!!!

AND they are running out of food so parents/brother have been instructed to just do the corn after it's all gone since there's no way to get to the store.

9. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Lots and lots of snow.

10. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    We had snow on Wednesday, and expecting more this weekend-- none so far-- I think we'll get your storm when you're done with it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by