1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who Else is hosting EASTER Dinner?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Orpington Poultry, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Orpington Poultry

Orpington Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    California
    Hi, Just curious who else is going to be having Easter festivities this year. If so, what is on the menu. I keep jumping all over the place, but keep going back to a couple of our Home grown organic Whole Hams with all the trimmings. They are to die for... [​IMG]

We are also celebrating my nieces b-day, Instead of a regular ckae, I am thinking of doing an ice cream cake. California here and weather is supposed to be mid seventies.

Would love to hear everyone's ideas for dinner, and perhaps I will alter my menu once I read all the yummy ideas.

Thanks in advance.

K.

2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Well my mom, as she does every year, is making a nice Easter Dinner for everyone; yams, potato, some types of veggies, and, of course...Wham! Wham is one of the BEST, and I mean one of the BEST food Vegetarian "meats" ever!!! But Vegetarian bacon, sausage, etc...is good too... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Wham is Vegetarian "ham". Same texture and stuff as ham, just not real ham(has no meat). It's SOO good! No, it's not nasty tofu like some of you are probably thinking. [​IMG] (and to be honest, tofu isn't all that we Vegetarians eat! I eat it rarely, and if I do, it has to go with something or it won't taste very good).

Anyway, not sure what we are having exactly..probably similar to what we have for Thanksgiving Dinner, but smaller. Oh and I bet my mom will make some homemade bread! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    My aunt is hosting an afternoon dinner. Friends of ours are hosting a "Heathens' Brunch".

Frankly, I wish my friends had gotten their heathen acts together faster so that I could have said, "we have other plans!" sooner. <sigh>

Family... can't live with'em. Can't legally hunt'em.

4. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    My mom is. Granted it's just gonna be my dh daughter and I and my sister with her dh and new daughter. But it's still alot of work for my mom.

I wish she would just agree to going to a decent restaurant for brunch.
    I think the same thing every Thanksgiving. She goes crazy and 5 minutes after everyone arrives looks like she should not be anywhere near a knife

5. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    My son, husband, MIL and FIL are all driving an hour to my SIL and BIL house. They just bought a new house and we haven't seen it yet.

They have 4 children, my nephews and 1 niece. It is the nieces first birthday as well! So it will be a busy day!

Not sure what the menu is but I am sure it will be great. I am taking the no bake nest cookies featured on another thread here and an appetizer she asked me to bring.

Have a Happy Easter or Sunday, whatever it is to you!!!!!!!!!!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am sleeping in, reading the story of the Ressurection, making breakfast and probably having burgers for dinner. [​IMG]

7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my mother just called me an hour ago and told me they were comming on saturday because we spend Sunday with my dads side. [​IMG] I didnt know they planned to come at all! She'll bring ham but the rest is up for me. How about Stove Top stuffind and store bought potato salad? [​IMG]

8. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    me!!!!

9. Orpington Poultry

Orpington Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    California
    Quote:Hi, What's for dinner? [​IMG]

10. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    Ham, mashed potatoes , mac & cheese green beans that I grew myself, rolls and strawberry shortcake and deviled eggs of corse

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by