Who else is totally grossed out by FAT????

So I am guessing most of y'all don't keep that little mason jar full of bacon fat in your fridge, Eh?

(Yes, I do and I fry all my eggs with it...)
lol.png

Good fat on steak, cooked good has some of the best mouth watering flavor you can get!

Quote:
OOOh! I am exactly the same. Funny thing when I was a lil tiny kid all I would eat was Fat. when I got to around 8 something clicked and it totally grosses me out. If I get even a tiny piece in my mouth I loose my whole appetite. I always cook w very lean meats. Boneless chicken breast every tiny piece of fat removed. My choise of roast is sirloin tip. I use ground sirloin and the very least ground round-no chuck or less. Pork I love the tender loin, porkchops are very lean lil tiny fat rim that gets cooked very well. If I stew something i get real lean meat or cut up sirloin roast. If I had any fat to my meat its e.v.o.o. My husband likes brisket so after its cooked any piece I eat I carefull remove all fat. I cook ribeyes sometimes if I can get lean ones. I will pay more for filet. Actually being in the south eat lots of fresh shrimp/crabs and other seafood-no fat unless you eat girl crabs(but this fat is different like yellow paste it is pretty good). The boys are the best. I love dirty #1's. OOOh! The dirtier they are the heavier, means they have been in the mud and have full tummies. Something that really grosses me out also is wet bread in the sink strainer-will send me to the bathroom gross, I do not eat dressing or bread pudding. Funny thing is I was a vet tech for many years could handle it all-just do not drop a piece of bread in the sink and get it wet. oooh! Fat oooh! gross!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I do save that kind of fat! It makes the best fried eggs and fried potatoes. I will leave the fat on my steaks through the cooking process, but I simply can't make myself eat it. It's just sooooo chewy, blech!

All you Fat-O-Phobes dont know what your missing... YUM...Crispy fat on steak.

Yummmmm

big_smile.png

I am a born again fataholic. I went on a low fat binge for years in an attempt to lose weight. All I got out of it was a 40 lb GAIN and a bad case of hypertension. I now know the health benefits of natural fats and the wonders of essential fatty acids.

GOTTA have a cup of bacon fat in the fridge. How else do you cook home fries and fried eggs?

Or those garden green beans??
big_smile.png

Quote:
A steak just isn't the same without a good thin line of fat around the edge when ya grill it.
wink.png

but then, you've seen my backside, so ya know I don't worry much about such things
lol.png

meri

Quote:
Yummmmm

big_smile.png

I am a born again fataholic. I went on a low fat binge for years in an attempt to lose weight. All I got out of it was a 40 lb GAIN and a bad case of hypertension. I now know the health benefits of natural fats and the wonders of essential fatty acids.

GOTTA have a cup of bacon fat in the fridge. How else do you cook home fries and fried eggs?

Or those garden green beans??
big_smile.png

Can't cook the okra either!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........fat!

I think I am a normal fat trimmer. I don't care for fat on my food, but I am not nearly as obsessive as my husband is. His steaks end up being half the size once he's done trimming. We were at a teppan grill once and after the chef had trimmed the steaks, one of the guys at our table asked if he could have it all
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom