Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Two of my girls have been laying for two weeks and the other three are still not showing any signs of being close. Combs and waddles are red but still very very short and no squatting at all. All hatched the same day and are now 27 weeks old. By the way all are GC

I'm feeling for you. 27 weeks feels like an eternity.

This is Alice... This picture was taken about two weeks ago. She is now 23 weeks old and shows no interest in laying at all. She is super small for her breed (Minorca) but is feisty and beautiful. I hope she can lay eggs at some point....

This is Alice... This picture was taken about two weeks ago. She is now 23 weeks old and shows no interest in laying at all. She is super small for her breed (Minorca) but is feisty and beautiful. I hope she can lay eggs at some point....

Are they on layer feed? I know when I cracked down on my girls diet they started laying and the ones that were already laying started laying better. We got in a bad habit of giving them goodies like vegetables from the garden and scratch and letting then free range. Now they stampede to the food can in the morning... before they ran to the door.

Are they on layer feed? I know when I cracked down on my girls diet they started laying and the ones that were already laying started laying better. We got in a bad habit of giving them goodies like vegetables from the garden and scratch and letting then free range. Now they stampede to the food can in the morning... before they ran to the door.

My girls free range but the bulk of their food is an all purpose feed( bought the wrong stuff) but when I looked at the percentages of the feed it matched that of layer. The feed was made locally. The only one I'm concerned about is Alice because she looks to be ready. The others are just now growing a comb....

I'm in the waiting game also....15 weeks today. Got some nice red faces on a few but that is it! To think it could be another month makes me bonkers!!! Good luck to all those waiting.

I'm not sure if I should be excited or madder than a wet hen. As of this afternoon I have all four of my older girls laying, both of my cuckoo marans started laying today but their eggs are no darker than my silver laced Wyandottes. The cuckoo marans I gave away two months ago lay dark brown eggs but the eggs I got from the two I kept are in no way dark brown. Anybody know if the shade will get darker as they lay more? Both eggs have dark brown specks on them but are a light brown:(

Back
Top Bottom