Who else is waiting for that first egg?

We got our first on Friday, the 3rd! We weren't there for it, so we told the neighbors to claim it. Pretty sure it was a barred rock, they said "One of the rocks is making a new sound....."......Sorry, no pics! Will post pics of the next ones!

1st egg today from a 17 wk. old cochin. One tiny perfect brown egg. I was completely surprised as "Tootsie" was the last one I expected to lay. I have 2 Rhode Island Reds (19 wks), 2 Black Australorps (19 wks) and 2 cochins (17wks). These girls are my 1st attempt at raising chickens so I often research their behavior. I didn't expect any eggs until 20-22 wks. Boy, was I surprised!!!!

Can someone tell me when red sex links and Easter eggers usually lay? Mine are 18weeks now and I'm eager to get the first egg!!

I thought they laI'd different colors that's why they call them easter Eggers right?

They are called Easter Eggers because they do not lay a standard brown or white egg. They lay colored eggs instead. Their eggs can be hues of green, blue, or even pink. However, each hen has her own color and that is the color she always lays.

Congrats to everyone on 1st eggs!! Got my 1st little white egg from my 19 week old white leghorn yesterday! So exciting!!!

Back
Top Bottom