Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Got another green one from our EE :) The girls have identified which EE it is. Fingers crossed our other one lays a different colored one :) and another RIR has made her own "nest" one the second shelf next to the door in the garage lol. All the "egg singing" drives the dog crazy! Like "mother hen" worried about the chickens lol. She even MUST go with me to check the nesting boxes not in the coop/run.

Got another green one from our EE :) The girls have identified which EE it is. Fingers crossed our other one lays a different colored one :) and another RIR has made her own "nest" one the second shelf next to the door in the garage lol. All the "egg singing" drives the dog crazy! Like "mother hen" worried about the chickens lol. She even MUST go with me to check the nesting boxes not in the coop/run.

Our black lab is the same way. Rain. Or shine he has to go and do some laps around the coop. Counting his babies.

Our black lab is the same way. Rain. Or shine he has to go and do some laps around the coop. Counting his babies.

When we first got them as day old chicks she wanted to lick / eat them. She is after all a bird dog (spaniel mix) so I have been afraid to let her out unattended if they are out if there run. But she has been really good about leaving them be unless we are flushing them out of the woods to go back in their run if we need to leave or at night if they hadn't already done so.

1st egg yay I got it yesterday and it was super small lol so cute and today we got another we know who they are from Rocky yes a hen but not sure about todays it was slighty bigger and a slightly different color do you thing it was both the same hen or no?

When we first got them as day old chicks she wanted to lick / eat them. She is after all a bird dog (spaniel mix) so I have been afraid to let her out unattended if they are out if there run. But she has been really good about leaving them be unless we are flushing them out of the woods to go back in their run if we need to leave or at night if they hadn't already done so.

Yeah I still don't exactly trust him with them. We also have a pit chow mix that I think is a direct decedent of. Dingo... she is not to be trusted. But I think if they really wanted to eat them they would have done it by now.

1st egg yay I got it yesterday and it was super small lol so cute and today we got another we know who they are from Rocky yes a hen but not sure about todays it was slighty bigger and a slightly different color do you thing it was both the same hen or no?

It could have been. As they begin to lay the egg size will increase over the next few weeks or so and the colors change a bit as the process settles in. Congrats on two eggs in two days from the new layer(s).

Back
Top Bottom