Who else is waiting for that first egg?

I have two silver laced Wyandottes at about 20 weeks old and still no eggs
1f622.png

I also have three cuckoo marans at about 15 weeks old still to early but I tell ya the older two free loaders better start pushing out some eggs!

Preach it! We just introduce two 12 wk olds (RIR, and Dominique). The ISA Brown still does not have a red comb and wattle. The Dominique has a very red comb and wattle but too young.
Hopefully you and me will not have to turn them into fryers... earn your keep ladies!

My first flock! I love caring for them.
3 Barred Plymouth
2 EE
1 black bantam --- not sure what she is.

They are all 15 weeks old...Every morning I hope - then - wa wa waa - no eggs yet
barnie.gif

I have eighteen 15 week old pullets. On two of them the face and comb are getting really really bright red. I have a feeling we're not too far away from our first egg.

High everyone, mind if I join the flock talk?
I'm new at this chicken raising. I have 3 RIR 2 pullets and a cockel + 3 Delaware pullets( at least I think their Delaware's. They are about 15 wks old and I can't wait for eggs, I'm so impatient I almost went out and bout 2 laying hens just to get eggs.
Not sure what to expect ,but can't wait!

Is this a support group for people with egg anxiety? I'm expecting eggs around the end of this month or beginning of July. A friend told me her local grocery stores in Texas are rationing eggs due to millions of commercial chickens dying from a bird flu. Prices are going up accordingly due to macro-economics (supply and demand). If my chickens start laying by mid July it will be perfect timing.

I just started getting eggs this week it's really neat. I've already had breakfast twice with fresh brown eggs we have three hens filling our empty cartons. .

lol! im not the only one!!! i literally had a dream last night that one of my hens had laid clear, blue eggs!!!

Back
Top Bottom