Who else is waiting for that first egg?

I am! My girls are just a little more than a week old though, so I'll have to wait a while!!
barnie.gif

I just want to fast forward a little so I can get my first egg!  My girls are only 15 weeks old but I am really excited for that first egg! I know I probly have to wait another month or two.

I have
3 Dominiques 
3silver laced wyandottes
3 buff orpingtons
3 East eggers
3 Welsummers

I think my Dominiques will be first to lay.  Whats your guess? 

I am pretty sure my Easter eggers will be the last to lay because they are the ones I am most excited about.  And thats just my luck.

We just got 4 reds and only has layed. The others look at her and squak as if something is wrong. It's too funny. Patience... I have been told.

I let my chickens free rang through the day while I'm and when they go back in the coop at dusk all 6 of them pile into 2 nesting boxes instead of using the roost is this normal?
Its not like the nights are cold here in southwestern pa.

I got my girls (six of them) at 25 weeks old and it took them about 2 weeks to start laying. Last Wednesday was my FIRST egg, and now, already, just shy of one week later, I am getting FOUR a day!!!! When it happens it will happen quickly and it will be like Christmas every day! Good luck to you!!!

Ours are 19 weeks and the anticipation is unbelievable. We have 1 each of the following Buff Orpington, Welsummer, Easteregger, black Austrolorp, Silkie blue, and an accidental bearded black Silkie rooster.

I am not sure how to unbroody a hen because I don't have any eggs yet.  But I watched this video the other day 
.  That might help.

our one girl gets broody all the time. She's 2. We tried everything. Really the only thing that works is to just keep lifting her off the nest boxaandpplacing her back witht the group . Over and over for about a week or two.

Our same newbie Red has given us 2 baby eggs. So cute. The other 3 haven't gotten the hang of it. Never experienced this before. Maybe today. .

Back
Top Bottom