Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Hey all I see everyone is talking about getting their first egg so I thought I would chime right on in with mine... Today I went out to let the chickens out to free range about 430 ( i let them out several hours in the evening) and I looked in the nest box not expecting to find anything cause my chickens are only 16 weeks old and low and behold there was an egg!!! it had to be one of my white leghorns because it was white but I was totally shocked and excited to find it!!!!! '
Yay cobgrats on the egg!!! :D

please tell me how to include the post I'm responding to. .
I'm trying to learn all of this, I'm not really computer smart... I have had chickens in all my different houses we have lived (3)..lol
I am hoping that maybe next year I can get a few of those Moran chickens that lay those really dark eggs...

Last edited:
please tell me how to include the post I'm responding to. .
I'm trying to learn all of this, I'm not really computer smart... I have had chickens in all my different houses we have lived (3)..lol
I am hoping that maybe next year I can get a few of those Moran chickens that lay those really dark eggs...

Under the post you want to respond to there is a thumbs up and a chat bubble and quotes click that then in the chat below you will see a highlighted saying respond to quote click that then write what you want to say

I have 6 RIR that are about 14 weeks today, and I can hardly wait for my first egg!
My other 5 are 2- buff orphingtons, 2 light brahama, 2 black sex links, and now only 1 barred rock (after our lab mix Ruby got a hold of one)

Hey everybody-

You can see my flock in my signature line. I have 20 10-12 week old ladies that need to start paying rent. Some of them are closer than others--I can see bright red combs and waddles on a couple of them--shouldn't be too much longer.

And...we wait :)

Back
Top Bottom