Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Still waiting but it's fun to ruffle the feathers of my one submissive squatting hen!!!! I guess that will help with the wait!!!! Tonight I notice the hens taking turns going into their coop to sleep... One at a time starting with the alpha girls to the lowest man of the totem pole... It's like watching the national geographic live in my lawn chair!!!!! Think I might have gotten my mother in law hooked on chickens.

I have 16 week old chickens and still waiting. Maybe by Thanksgiving? I have 13 and 10 are different types of chickens. Anyone have salmon favorrolla? Funny bird and loves attention.

I have 16 week old chickens and still waiting. Maybe by Thanksgiving? I have 13 and 10 are different types of chickens. Anyone have salmon favorrolla? Funny bird and loves attention.

I have a Salmon Faverolle, Ava. She is superb, funny, friendly and always looking for treats, she is one hungry bird! She's been laying medium size pink/light brown eggs for a good few months now. A great chicken to own.

[/IMG]
I was so "eggcited" this morning! Unfortunately whoever laid these did it on the roost. The shells are soft. I thought I could finish the grower feed by I guess not. I picked up the Layina crumble so that's what I'll use starting tomorrow. They said I didn't need oyster shell but I want to get some anyway. My husband thinks he can just crush some shells instead of packaged?

2-1/2 hours later I'm ready to take out one of the dividers in the nest boxes and put shavings instead of hay and I find this eggstravaganza!!!

Those eggs are gorgeous! What a pleasant surprise to find so many beautiful eggs. My chicks are still holding out- they'll be 19 weeks Sunday and still no eggs, even from our Red Sex Link. Lazy freeloading chickens. But congratulations on your lovely eggs!

Back
Top Bottom