Who has a 4200 Farm Innovator incubator?

henney penny

Songster
10 Years
Nov 21, 2009
Northern Maine
I just purchased this a couple weeks ago,I liked it had big windows in it and that it had the temp and humidity gauges in the top,plus the plastic outer case.Well the temp does hold well at all,the humidity is off by 20%(that's a big deal),the smell of plastic is very strong,hope it does not bother the chicks.I have written to the company twice to ask questions and still have not heard form them,so customer service is not on the top of their list.I do like the windows.This will be my fist hatch,I have 42 eggs in, will candle on day 18 when I take out the turner.I wish now I had not sold my hova bator

I have one. Just finished my first successful hatch and am trying to resist the urge to set some more lol. I have a thread on here with my review of the incubator and a few others have added their opinions as well, pretty much all positive reviews. The thermometer and hygrometer that come with it are junk that it's the only downside, just get some others you can trust and put them inside

I have two of these amd love them. I have never even looked at them since the first day. everyone says they are bad on most stryobators so I just bought my own to stixk in there when I bought the bator. they've been running since january and I've only had to change temp once or twice. love them. bought another brand to use as hatcher amd hate it. doesn't keep temp or humidity well at all.

Well the smell did not hurt a chick that hatched yesterday,My hatch is not due till the 26th of this month,so I was surprised to hear chirping while watching the news,thought it was on tv then relized it was coming from the bator,lol.Come to find out it was the 24th of last month so it was due to hatch.must have got mixed up with the other eggs.So took him out so he would not get caught in the turner or burnt on the turner motor(that thing is hot!) put him or her in a box with a light.Checked out in the coop to see if any of the other silkie eggs were due to hatch at this time and there was a hen on eggs with the same dates so after he or she dried off I took it out in the coop and put it under the mana,checked a few times and she was talking to it and it was staying under the mama.Love those slkie mama`s

I have one. Just finished my first successful hatch and am trying to resist the urge to set some more lol. I have a thread on here with my review of the incubator and a few others have added their opinions as well, pretty much all positive reviews. The thermometer and hygrometer that come with it are junk that it's the only downside, just get some others you can trust and put them inside
Hello,
I purchased a Farm Innovators incubator recently (model 2200). I've been running it for the past 2 days at 99.5F & 41% humidity - per the loose thermometer included with the purchase & the humidity reader on top of the incubator. Are these readings bad? I really don't want to have to make more purchases; do I need to buy a new thermostat & humidity reader or will my 1st hatch be messed up if I rely on the above readings?

Thank you!!

Last edited:
I have the same incubator and I bought a thermometer ($10) and hydrometer ($5) at PETCO reptile section, I have no clue if they're accurate but there's a definite difference, about 10° in the hydrometer and 2-5° in the thermometer. I go by the reptile ones, I hope they are accurate. Its my first hatch, I set them 4-6

Thanks for your input! What do you mean you set your eggs 4-6?

It seems that I will have to make that purchase! Oh and good luck with your first hatch - I'm scared anticipating mine!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Robin

I put my first set of eggs in the incubator April 6 (4-6). So I am new to this but Amazon reviews said the gages are crap so I got the others

I have had good luck with mine. I don't even bother going by the built in gauges. I bought my own ditial and I use the, other than that I love it but I have nothing to compare it to either. I had excellent hatch rate with it. Shipped eggs were a bit of a problem but not due to the incubator. Almost 100% hatch rate with my own eggs.

Back
Top Bottom