Who has a foodsaver? Is it worth it? Do you like it?

We agree with everyone here - these are the best!!! We keep ours out on counter for daily use. Also, I have had the opportunity in a past career to purchase these directly through the President of Tilla foods. Their advice was to buy the commercial/advanced model if possible. They will last longer and you can do package after package without damaging the machine. Properly taken care they will last for years. If you want to upgrade call and ask some times they will give you a pro rated amount for the old machine.

Also, for the person who spoke about the seal getting damaged. Call for a replacement if I remember correctly they are under $10.00.

Great machines - buy one and you will enjoy. Having the air sucked out also makes for more room in the freezer.

Sandee

I have one and use it for vegetables but for meat I prefer freezer paper. I find it keeps better. I bought ours last year when we were processing our pigs. I think the bags are alittle expensive and a pain to write on.

I think you have to look at this as an investment type purchase; like a Kitchenaid, expensive but worth every penny.

I am so happy this thread was started! I have been looking at foodsavers for years but could not justify spending the $ since I do not know anybody who has one!

Quote:
I have found the best pen for writing on the bags is a Sharpie. I write on the tag at the top so when I cut it open I throw away that part and have a fresh tag next time I seal.

I use my food Saver lots. I have a local farmers market close to my home. I stock up on Organic local grown, as well as organic pork, buffalo and beef raised on farms in my area. I work the heck out of my food saver. I also buy the cheaper bags, they work just as well. If I want to freeze soup, I put it in square 2 serving size plastic container pre-freeze then slide into a bag. Some of my meat I put spices, marinade, fresh Herbs. Seal and freeze. Try it you will like it. Baked goods you just seal. You can keep for a long time. If I was doing a whole hog I would not use it as it would be to costly. I would do a few chops loins,a couple roasts. A couple of each cut. I love mine, wouldn't be without it.
bow.gif
I agree the sharpie is the best pen to use.

I cook with wine also. I have to watch salt, so wine and Herbs replace that salt taste. I have no problem freezing. I also freeze herbs, eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom