Who has a Genesis incubator?

mbleily

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Idaho
Do you have a problem with the thermometer on you 1588? I have the genesis and it seems the thermometer and maybe the moisture meter are off a little. I have 4 other thermometers in it and they all read different but they are all lower than the genesis one. Could that be because it reads higher up in the incubator? I registers lower in the humidity than the other two that have that gauge. by quite a lot. One of them registers 35% , Warehouse one registers low on both temp and humidity. 97 on temp and 10%on humidity. ( and I just paid over $5 for a new battery) the hover registers 18 on humidity. There is no water in the incubator and we have wood heat so I expect it to run low.

I am thinking if I stick with the genesis and just up the temp a little it should be ok. Right now it runs 100.7 it is set at 100.5. The others are all on the wire and run around 99 to 99.7 I some times think too much information is a deterrent. LOL

Here is the run down.
incubator runs between 100.4 to .7 humidity 18
the Warehouse runs at 97 humidity 10
Timex from Wally world runs 99.4 humidity 35-7
regular thermometers 99.something not dig so hard to tell.
Aquarium therm. 99.5
Acu Rite 99 Doesn't seem to register decimals

I have hatched before in it but had some problems also. I had some sticky chicks. I had to wash them under the warm water facet. they made it but i would rather not have that happen again. It was in a June. so no heat in the house. But we live in a very dry area. almost desert.

I got my Genesis 1588 as a Christmas gift from my DH & have used it 2x to hatch my own Coturnix quail eggs. It is very unreliable to say the least. I have it in a walk in closet because the humidity and temperature inside the incubator is easily affected by the ambient room temperature and humidity. At one point I had to have a heater running in the room with a humidifier just to keep it from fluctuating too much.

We have three of them though they are the older model without display..Ours saty right between 99.3° and 100.0° for the most part. Ive used them so much I know just which trays to fill for humidity..I have a thermocouple from another "thing" I do that I check temp with every so often so I know its dead nuts on. All three setting full of eggs right now and all read with in a couple tenths of 99.5°..

We have three of them though they are the older model without display..Ours saty right between 99.3° and 100.0° for the most part. Ive used them so much I know just which trays to fill for humidity..I have a thermocouple from another "thing" I do that I check temp with every so often so I know its dead nuts on. All three setting full of eggs right now and all read with in a couple tenths of 99.5°..
Are you saying that the thermometer on them read that or you have other ones in there that read that?
My problem is the thermometer read higher than any other one I use. I have used it before last year and hatched shipped eggs. I have shipped eggs I really want to hatch this time they are the super blue layers.

I got my Genesis 1588 as a Christmas gift from my DH & have used it 2x to hatch my own Coturnix quail eggs. It is very unreliable to say the least. I have it in a walk in closet because the humidity and temperature inside the incubator is easily affected by the ambient room temperature and humidity. At one point I had to have a heater running in the room with a humidifier just to keep it from fluctuating too much.
Mine doesn't seem to flucuate much it just the reading it higher than all the thermometers I have. And all of them are different. LOL I guess I will just go with it and see what happens. The others are close to 99 and 100. So maybe with it set higher it will work. sigh

I have thermoeters in that read that. my 1588's don't have the digital display..I use a thermocouple. Its a highly accurate thermoelectric temp measuring device that will read from below -100° to over 2000°..Its much more accurate then your average thermometer. I just happen to have one because I use it in heat treating and cryo work with steels. I keep the regular thermoters inside for the hygrometer readings but to be honest they arnt too far off from my thermocouple.
I want to add that my house is prone to temp fluctuations this time of year.. I have taken to wrapping my 1588's in a blanket this time of year because of this. Im sorry I don't have any exp with the 1588 that has its own digital read-out.

Back
Top Bottom