Who has an Artificial Christmas tree Who has a Real Christmas tree?

Who has an artificial Christmas tree? Who has a real Christmas tree?

• Artificial Christmas tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Christmas tree

• Both

• Neither

• Total voters
For us it's fake. We both had real trees growing up, but we're just gone so much over the holidays that we can't do a real tree. We did go help my husband's aunt and her family cut a tree this year. And then Dad (DH's dad) asked us to get one for them, but it was too expensive at this particular tree farm. So, being he really wanted a tree, we went on the back 40, so to speak, and cut down a little cedar tree. Cedars grow in that area like weeds, so it wasn't a big deal. Came back with that and left it on the deck. Then we found an old tree stand in the storage area and put it up and decorated it. You know the movie "Charlie Brown Christmas?" It was a lot like that. It's staying on the deck with lights and a little bit of garland, and they'll put up the fake tree in the house. All that just to make his dad's eyes pop out and ask "What is that?"

Fake. I'm allergic to Pine/Cedar... it took my MIL getting a fake one to figure it out though.
We went to their house and didn't start sneezing TADAA *lightbulb over head*

How sad is that? I was like 20 before I figured out why I always get sick when I visit Arkansas.
roll.png

Of course, I was also at least 12 before I figured out it was the red dye in the koolaid/punch/etc that made me hurl.

Whole family is allergic to nickel, but I'm not allergic to poison ivy.

I have the weirdest nitpickiest allergies.

Last edited:
I use both. When the mood strikes me to get a real one, I will. Otherwise I have a cute 5 ft artificial one that already has the lights attached, all I have to do is put my fav ornaments on it. When I use the fake one I make sure I have a good tree scented candle (Yankee) is a good one. That way it smells like I have a real tree.

I bought a fake one a few years ago with lights attached. Each spring we buy seedlings to plant.Some are finally big enough to decorate,but we won't cut them down just decorate outside. Luckily they are fenced in,because I have read of people's trees getting chopped down during the night!

Back
Top Bottom