Who has Bantam Leghorns? **Edited to add photos

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by AussieSharon, Jul 23, 2008.

1. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Today I purchased 4 Bantam White Leghorns from Bishopschickens. They are the sweetest and friendliest little chickens.

I was wondering who else has Bantam Leghorns and where they got them from? The hatcheries don't seem to have them.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I have some and will be showing pictures of them next week in the white leghorn show in online poultry show section. [​IMG]

I was mad at them a while back, for eating a baby pigeon, and was going to get rid of them but I changed my mind. [​IMG]

ETA: yes mine a really lovely too and sweety pie personalities. One of them lays a slightly off-white egg. Are you going to show pictures of yours? I would love to see them.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  3. greenthumb89

greenthumb89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    pulaski wisconsin
    my friend who ive gotten some of my chickens from has then she has white and light brown, he daughter shows them and she got them from a hatchery out of minnesota. i can get you the email address of the people that run it if you want.

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    "One place" has some(different colors) but they are so darn expensive and everytime I have called them for information they were so rude to me that I decided to go elsewhere with my business.

I had to replace the name with one place because I didnt want to break the rules [​IMG]

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:I think I might know the place,,,,,but these guys arent a hatchery,,,,they just sell birds from hatcheries. They have a magazine.

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I have a customer who asked me to adopt his leghorn bantam because its the sweetest bird in the world (and his favorite) but he got chicks this spring and a surprise rooster developed out of the chicks. He is so afraid of him hurting his baby. So knowing i have a bantam coop he wants me to take her. I did not know it was all of them......i thought it was just his. I feel sorry for it to have to join a new flock alone [​IMG] Maybe this weekend. Can you post pics of yours??????

7. AussieSharon

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I'll post pics of mine this evening. I did a google search for Bantam Leghorns and barely found a thing.

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    even on feathersite you see all different body types on there,,

9. AussieSharon

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Forgot I never posted pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]