Who Has Ducks Eggs in the Bator?

The Wolf Queen

Songster
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
What kind/s, how many, etc. Also if there are pips zips and barely hatched ducklings me wants pics... please
tongue.png
Lets get going. YAY duck eggs... oh and sadly I choose not to hatch any duck eggs till summer becuz of school
he.gif
... plus my ducks havent started laying yet. I want BABY SCOVIES NOW!!!
droolin.gif
barnie.gif
hit.gif

I have eggs in the bator BEI x Snow Mallard

I have some Pip/zip picks of last weeks hatch. Ill try to get them uploaded for ya

We had some duck eggs in our "bator" with a due date of Thanksgiving day. Here is a picture of our Broody-Bator GC2009 incubator.

23771_broody_bator_gc2009_3.jpg

In this picture she had gone into lockdown
lol.png
(completely sprawled out, with tail flat) over top of 3 duck eggs. That was the night before Thanksgiving. When we came home the evening of Thanksgiving day, we had ducklings!!!!!
celebrate.gif
When we got home from Thanksgiving meal we heard distinct peeping. Upon lifting up momma (Broody-Bator) to take a look, here is what we found. The one on the left actully just popped out as we were watching. It is about 3 seconds old in this picture.

23771_new_ducklings-_cropped_112609.jpg

Here is one of the first appearences of the babies when they were peaking out from under mom.
smile.png

23771_under_the_wing.jpg

Here they are at about 24 hours. It is amazing how fast ducks grow. They are already flapping their wings and doing the tail feather shimy. LOL

23771_24_hours_old.jpg

And here they are doing what ducks do best, getting water everywhere!

23771_water_everywhere.jpg

Ooh I have 5 call duck eggs in the bator. I have NEVER incubated anything and I am trying this. Wish me luck. I've heard calls are a challenge. Fingers crossed!!! I like your bator. Don't have a broody to try.

Last edited:
I have lots of duck eggs in the incubator right now, Pekin, Cayuga, Magpie, some MapieXCayuga, lots of Calls, and 8 I received in the November egg swap, along with a few not sure who laid this egg. Here is a couple that hatched on Thursday:
37433_049.jpg

Okay everyone. Stop!!! It's not fair, showing cute duckie photos and bragging about hatches.

I can't use my incubator right now because the setup would have to be in the house. It was okay last June when I could keep all the doors and windows open.
No doubt about it - they stink!
So I'll wait until March when I have big plans. Hope to get some Khaki Campbell eggs, hatch them, then once they're old enough I want Campbell/Runner crosses.

My VERY FIRST call duck egg is going in today! Just laid an hour ago!
wee.gif
Never expected this...even if it proves infertile for now. it means I can really get my hopes up now for the future! We must be doing something right...people told me it would never happen till February or March at the earliest!

Back
Top Bottom