Who has one and only one breed?

seedcorn

Songster
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
NE. IN
When I built my last coop, I built it small enough that I could only have one breed (in past I'd gotten up to 8 different breeds and hobby became work). I was good until I lost the breed I wanted and now I've got 2.

So who has one breed and what is it?

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

You are kidding, right?
gig.gif

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of breeds... not it!

I'm happy with my one breed, brahmas. Every once in awhile I'll see someone's pics of another breed and I'll think gee, I'd like to have some of those. Still, I have physical limitations and I know them well. In my circumstances it's best that I don't take on too much and have my chickens become a chore rather than the joy they are to me.
If I could work it out I would dearly love to have some runner ducks. Depending on how well I hold up physically with having to be out taking care of the chickens this winter (so far, so good), I may give serious thought to getting a few ducklings in the spring.

I think I'll basically stick with my speckled sussexes, for fun and to work on their utility qualities. I really like 'em.

I've got a couple individuals of other things too, right now, though, and will probably get a few EEs or suchlike in the spring, so I don't count as ONLY one breed
tongue.png

Pat

I DONT HAVE ENOUGH CONTROL TO HAVE ONE BREED. I HAVE 3 SILKIES, (RED,WHITE&SPLASH) ONE CUCKOO MARAN, ONE BUFF LEGHORN,ONE RED LEGHORN, 2 BLACK SERAMAS, ONE FRIZZLE AND ONE GOLD SEABRIGHT. I'M ORDERING MORE MARANS THE COLOR OF THOSE BROWN EGGS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND I WAS THINKING OF BLUE LACE WYANDOTTES

Last edited:
I started out with Light Brahmas and then moved onto Golden Laced Cochins AND Light Brahmas. That quickly became Golden Laced Cochins AND Light Brahmas AND White Sultan bantams. That was in 2005-2007. In 2008, I added a few more breeds.
smile.png
I'm now adding two more this spring to the mix and hopefully, 5 or 6 more coops!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom