Who has purchased eggs from ebay ? and what was your hatch rate ?

I just recieved eggs from E-Bay.
I ordered a dozen and got 18.
All eggs were shipped from California to Pennsylvania.
All eggs came through with no cracks or splits and were packaged with a heat pac and was in a special foam
This outfit that I got my eggs from is a commercial company who did a bang up job of getting these eggs to me.
At about 1 am 2/13/14 I will be putting the heat on them.
Right now they are in the bator, with the egg turner on, but not under heat yet.
It will be interesting to see what my success rate will be.
Dennis

It is now day 18 and I candled before lockdown. Out of the 18 , 9 were not developed and 9 looked like there was a mass inside.
So we put our 9 prospect eggs into a styrofoam egg carton (with lid cut off) and filled up our water trays for 70% humity.
So far we have a 50% loss, hopefully they all hatch.
Now for the wait.

All eggs came through with no cracks or splits and were packaged with a heat pac and was in a special foam
This outfit that I got my eggs from is a commercial company who did a bang up job of getting these eggs to me.
Right now they are in the bator, with the egg turner on, but not under heat yet.
Dennis

It is now day 18 and I candled before lockdown. Out of the 18 , 9 were not developed and 9 looked like there was a mass inside.
So we put our 9 prospect eggs into a styrofoam egg carton (with lid cut off) and filled up our water trays for 70% humity.
Now for the wait.

It is now day 20, and this morning I have Two that hatched, without any trouble. I also see another pipping. So I cant count my chicken before its hatched.
So far 2 live out of 18 original eggs. 9 were thrown away at day 18 due to infertelity and 9 were kept as they looked likely to have an embro inside.
Will keep you posted as for the remaining 7 eggs.

Dennis

Now for the wait.

It is now day 20, and this morning I have Two that hatched, without any trouble. I also see another pipping. So I cant count my chicken before its hatched.
So far 2 live out of 18 original eggs. 9 were thrown away at day 18 due to infertelity and 9 were kept as they looked likely to have an embro inside.
Will keep you posted as for the remaining 7 eggs.

Well its day 23, and the three remaining eggs never hatched. We candled them before we threw away and all had something inside. Most of the eggs that I got shown no fertilezation on Day 18. We are going to try another hatch but this time I will be picking up 2 dozen locally.
Looking to get 20 hatches out of 24. Wish me luck.
Again these eggs were packed well, so I think that from California to Pennsylvania may be a bit much to ask.
Also We had some of the coldest weather and I guess I should thank my lucky stars that we even got 4 out of the 18.
Each chick cost about $8 a piece.

Last edited:
Ordered 6 silkie eggs from tincupchalice2013. All are developing! I'm in ky and they are in north Carolina. Wish me luck 100% on shipped eggs will be a first for me. It is a first on development.

Back
Top Bottom