Who Has The Hovabator Turbofan?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PepsNick, Mar 5, 2011.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
  2. Jessiewoodard57

Jessiewoodard57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    Picture is a LG 9100 not the Hovabator they are advertizing.... the hovabator is "good" but for my money (and I have owned that bator) I would add some money to it and buy the Hovabator Gensis 1588. I sold my other Hovabator and bought the 1588. Sometimes saving a few bucks costs you in the end.

3. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    That is a new one I think. One concern I have is controlling the temps. My 1588 stays a constant set temp, but that kind has to be adjusted. You may want to check that part out. I LOVE the 1588, just set them and forget about them basically. I just candle and take out of the turner at day 18, and raise humidity and lock down. Pretty easy. Good luck with your choice. I do think there may be cheaper places to buy one though??? But I did not check the price, so maybe not. Just that MPC is usually a bit higher on chicks.

HenZ

4. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Okay. In that case, for safety, I'm just going to go with the 1588 which was my last choice. Thanks!

5. Jessiewoodard57

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    http://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=77

This
    link is the manufacture's website.

I agree with Lotzahenz , I set my 1588 and other then add water every 3 or 4 days, candling on day ten, and removing the turner on day 18, I leave it be. I have not had less then 37 out of the 42 eggs set hatch out. I have done 3 hatches in mine and always the same results. I do use my own eggs with a high fertility rate.(1 roo to 6 hens) . Using the same eggs with a LG 9100 and a hovabator 2362 both with turns I had a total of 39 out of 84 eggs hatch. The results are worth the money.

6. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    I have a older mod. hovabator I think a 1602n & have since added a pc fan & a lg truner & it does very well.

7. Jessiewoodard57

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    I see you live in Georgia, If you live close to Savannah you might be able to save shipping by picking it up at GQF manfaturing

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by