Who has what kind for sale?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by homecatmom, Nov 1, 2007.

1. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Is there a post in archive that tells which member sells eggs and what type of eggs they sell? If there isn't, I can put together an Excel spreadsheet with all the information. My 'bator is heating up and I am shopping for eggs! I would as soon give one of you my business, rather than go to ebay or eggbid. I AM SO EXCITED!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I agree, With this forum, I will not be buying from commercial hatcheries anymore. But there are some good people on Ebay, Like Leon Valley Trading. But, I'm sure someone here has exactly what you want.

3. mario2girls

mario2girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2007
    i would think also that it would have to be geographical also, as i dont think my eggs from new hampshire would be to good when they reach you there in ca.
    but i think it would be a good thing to do,

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    They might be good, depends on how many stops between the two places. I ordered chicks from McMurry and I got them the afternoon they shipped them. I think because Denver is a main hub so they had a straight flight. [​IMG]

I think it's a good idea too. My new bator is also heating up, and I'm looking as well.

5. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I had eggs sent from Jody in PA to NM, and had a 70% hatch rate.

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yup, and I have another person in CA hatching my chicks right now. A lot depends on PO handling, but our eggs seem to do pretty good all over the country.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by