Who here is into Photography?

My unexpected shot of the day! Not the best but didn't have time to change settings or fiddle w/things. But I'll take it.

71237_014.jpg

Quote:
Picnik.com has one.... but it doesn't like to work with my cats eyes when the flash gets in them that much, and it makes them look unnatural... so i usually leave his eyes alone lol. The slight clouding in his eyes does not help either.

Might be going to the zoo sometime soon and want to use mum's camera.... what shooting mode would be best for a zoo? i don't want to be constantly fiddling with the thing and not getting to enjoy the zoo. ( i confuse easily when people start with the tech talk lol)

The options i have in the scene modes are "landscape" "natural light" and "anti Blur"

In the non scene ones there is
Aperture-priority Auto <allows me to set the aperture from F8 to F3.2
Shutter-priority Auto shutter speed from1000 to 3" and adjusts the Aperture accordingly.

all the other modes like the scene ones.. aren't really usefull.... doubt i would be needing nighttime mode as i will be going in the day
tongue.png

Quote:
Picnik.com has one.... but it doesn't like to work with my cats eyes when the flash gets in them that much, and it makes them look unnatural... so i usually leave his eyes alone lol. The slight clouding in his eyes does not help either.

Might be going to the zoo sometime soon and want to use mum's camera.... what shooting mode would be best for a zoo? i don't want to be constantly fiddling with the thing and not getting to enjoy the zoo. ( i confuse easily when people start with the tech talk lol)

The options i have in the scene modes are "landscape" "natural light" and "anti Blur"

In the non scene ones there is
Aperture-priority Auto <allows me to set the aperture from F8 to F3.2
Shutter-priority Auto shutter speed from1000 to 3" and adjusts the Aperture accordingly.

all the other modes like the scene ones.. aren't really usefull.... doubt i would be needing nighttime mode as i will be going in the day
tongue.png

I love taking pics at the zoo too. You might use the night time setting in the indoor exibits, some of those are pretty dark.
I am not good at the techno stuff either, but I do know that adjusting the shutter is going to slow or speed up the time the camera lens stays open, the longer it does the more light it lets in, but any movement at all will blur and if you aren't using a tripod you will likely blur even a still subject. (this is measured in seconds so 1 second is much longer open time then 1/100 which means 1/100th of a second.)
The landscape mode will not allow a flash (usually). Anti blur, ???? not sure if that is turning on some image stabilizing option or if that is making your shutter speed faster?

I would experiment before going to the zoo and take a few pics (in similar lighting / conditions) in each mode and then look on the computer at them and see which one worked the best.

Another thing to so is to buy an external flash (over the camera). The cost is a little more $80-$300. It takes the flash above the line of sight and the light reflection is not directed back into the camera. When I us the external flash, I almost never have red eye.
wink.png

Quote:
Anti blur i think reduces the blurr produced when you don't have the camera on a tri pod

So fast shutter speed freezes motion to some extent? and slow speed blurrs movement if there is any?

Night time mode would be good for reptile exhibits.. what about the Aquariums?
hmm.png

The best aquarium photos are made with an external flash connected to a power cord. You then manually hold the flash against the glass above the camera. This will light up the inside of the tank and eliminate glare.

Quote:
Only working with what i have, i do not have the spare $$ to buy an external flash, that i would rarely use.

You can use a tripod and the self timer. Turn off the flash. Hopefully, the fish will not move too much when the shutter goes off. You can also incrase the ISO to 800 or 1600. the picture will be slightly more grainy, but it will allow for a faster shutter speed and less blur.

My aquarium and other glass enclosed shots are hit and miss, some great others throw away. If you have a good post processing software (like photoshop or any others) I'd say for the most part no flash and fix the dark shots in the software. Be careful when you set up the pic look for the glare on the glass and try and position yourself so you see the least glare before the shot is taken. I sometimes have success w/ putting the lens right on the glass, it all depends on the angle of the flash if you use it, my usual is to take several different shot (w/ flash, w/o flash, lens to the glass etc..). some of them you can tell right off didn't work the ones when you look at them in the camera show a great big flash flare, I haven't found anyway to fix that you can delete that one right there. If it shows the image as very dark, don't delete that one until you run it through your post processing software you can do a lot to fix that image.

dkvart1,
woot.gif
. I would love to see something like that while I was walking. I know that you have been waiting for awhile to get a photo of those guys! I would take that photo too.

Haven't been able to take a whole lots of pics here lately because of all the moving so these are all from around the house except for the crane.

16250_8-11-11_0121.jpg

16250_butter_0501.jpg

16250_bromilliads_0481.jpg

Finally a decent sunset! It has been raining around sunset for the past week or so.
16250_101_002.jpg

At my mothers new house there is a lake just around the corner. I was sitting under a tree in the shade trying to take some pictures of some ducks. Then this beauty came over and wanted to take advantage of the shade as well and laid down now even five feet from me!!!! I figured I would just enjoy her company instead of trying to take a whole lot of photos of her.

16250_cranes_2351.jpg

Back
Top Bottom