Who here is into Photography?

I mainly do equine and nature photography, but my life revolves around it. I have a Canon 50D, but no recent pictures. Here are a few old ones though. So sorry about the 'steal and die' watermark that I have had to use lately. My real one is in the works, and I've had problems with people lately (other sites, not here) so I had to brand all my photos before I saved them to my computer
tongue.png

My wonderful boyfriend and an impromptu shoot

Various older works

goodpost.gif

Great photos everyone! Fine, fine job!

I use a Canon Eos Rebel XSI for all my shots. and you can see most of my work here http://sexy-cowboy-predator.deviantart.com/
Most of my work is nature related, with an emphasis on ducks (especially in the fall duriing my 3 month sabbatical to hunt them) but I have some other stuff in there as well.

Some cottonwoods by my house

A ladybug and Makapuu Lighthouse on Oahu's windard coast

And a gadwall pair.

I love photography... all i use is a little red cannon elf that my mom got me for graduation. It is the best little camera. I've been told i have an eye for taking good pictures. But i just do it for fun. (what else are hobbies for)
wink.png
i would also love to get into developing film and making my own prints... here are a few pics i've taken that i think are pretty good

Great shots everyone!
CJkid, sometimes a little point and shoot is much better suited to our needs, and you've proven that you're still able to get quality shots, without spending the big bucks. If you can take those photos with a point and shoot, just imagine what you'll be shooting with a DSLR.

So, last weekend was a photography weekend. Here are some shots. None are edited, because I don't know how. :|

Thanks for looking/any critiques! I'm always welcome to criticism.

That is so true Maggierae. What we need to uderstand that nine times out of ten, its not the camera but who is standing behind it that makes the difference. I have used everything from low to high end P&S to very nice DSLR's all with equally crappy and good results from all of them.
Quote:

That bluejay picture is awsome!! He stands out so perfectly against the grey background! Its my favorite of all of those! I would do some cropping though, if you dont mind (I will not use your photographs in any way other then right here and now on this forum reply, you have my solemn word.) Id like to show you the difference it will make and you can do it right on Windows Photo Gallery under the "fix" tab. You can do a couple different basic edits there such as playing with saturation and temperature under "colors" and brightness and contrast under "exposure" play around with these to get the desired effect.
Here is your original:

and heres the cropped one:

We removed alot of "extra" background and it helped us to apply the rule of thirds a little better.

Once again I hope you dont mind me useing your photographs as an example, and I am deleting them from my computer as we speak.

Last edited:
That looks lovely, Zach123! Inspires me to play around with some other photos. Thank you!

So tonight I'm going to Art in the Square. It's a nice little festival in our town square, and I love getting to speak with all the awesome photographers. They always know the coolest places to get fun shots. If I learn anything new, I'll be sure to post it here!
Chris Cagle, country music singer, will be there too, and he's one of my favorites.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom