Who here is into Photography?

Thats awsome Maggie, you know, as digital photographers, things like photoshop, or picnik (which, unfortunately no longer exists), and even "fixing" them in WPG is our dark room, where we get to develop our photographs into what we want them to be. There may be that line when photo editing becomes photo manipulation, but hey, who cares as long we are happy and having fun! The point is that editing our digital photos can transform them from a flat 2D image into something more and, IMO, it is an important step in the whole process. So I'm glad to have helped inspire you to take that plunge and just remember, if you dont like it, theres always to undo button, lol!

I LOVE my PS Elements almost as much as my camera. I have a lot of fun w/ it even though I still can't do alot of the really involved things on it (layers) but there are tons of stuff that is super easy. I do both just light tweaking (cropping, light control etc...) as well as full out manipulation for all kinds of effects, the sky is the limit literally. I am not home, but when I get home and get a chance I'll try and remember to post a few before editing and post editing pics.

Was at Hagerman a week ago, and forgot to post a couple of pics.

This mama killdeer has been sitting these eggs for almost three weeks. I'm ready for them to hatch!

Also, the dicksissles have been late in coming, but they finally showed up! So cute, but so loud!

I have a question and it's which camera would u recommend for a beginner that will take photos easily with a not so steady hand lol I was looking at the ge x500 at walmart or the kodak easy share that was in the 150 price range and wondered if any of you have used either and which u may prefer

I have a question and it's which camera would u recommend for a beginner that will take photos easily with a not so steady hand lol I was looking at the ge x500 at walmart or the kodak easy share that was in the 150 price range and wondered if any of you have used either and which u may prefer
I don't know about either of those cameras, but if you have a shakey hand I would suggest looking for a camera w/ some sort of image stabilization. The ones I have experience w/ work well.

I assume you're wanting a point and shoot? I've been really happy with my little sony and my other olympus, but here's a list of cameras under $150 that may interest you:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/know...era-holiday-gift-guide---sub-150-cameras.html
I had a Kodak easy share but I really did not care for it and ended up donating it to a local wildlife refuge for one of their bird projects.

Have you thought about a tripod? Even a lot of P&S have the female screw in at the bottom so they can be attached to one. Baisically, any camera you are comfortable with is the one I would reccomend. It doesn;t matter if the camera is "better" (thats subjective anyways) if you are not comfortable useing it, it will never be what you want, and you will consistantly disappointed. I have not priced cameras in a looooong time so I couldn't tell you what is "good" and whats not. I do like the canon powershot series very much, though, I think they are more on the higher $$ end.
Quote:

Hey Guys! It's been along time since I posted. Just wanted to say there have been some BEAUTIFUL photos posted since I've been on last. Here are a couple of mine from the past two weeks.

Last edited:
I certainly do not consider myself a photographer, but I do enjoy taking pictures. These are some of my better shots:

Our front yard

Our neighbour's cornfield

Our cat Whisper

My twin cousins

Back
Top Bottom