Who here is into Photography?

I am a photographer and I shoot with a Nikon D600. If you switch to manual mode and use a very rapid shutter speed you will have the best results.

I'm not sure what you mean. If you switch to manual mode, and use a very rapid shutter speed, you'll get pictures, sure. But if you don't know what you're doing, then you won't get very good pictures. As in, they will be under exposed, or over exposed more often than they will be 'just right'. I don't recommend anyone shoot in full manual mode unless you have a lot of experience shooting pictures and understanding light, aperture and shutter speed...and how they all work together. Instead, I would recommend you use one of the automatic modes like aperture priority, or shutter priority. And in a pinch, use AUTO mode.

I like doing photography with animals mainly.
8 Peafowl eggs I have in my incubator.

My Indian Blue peacock Colbolt.

My Indian Blue peacock Genie.

Colbolt and my Indian Blue peahen Sage behind his train.

My colt Gun Smoke

Full moon with the horses.

Full Moon over the creek

Goslings across the canal.

Peafowl nest

My Red Border Collie puppy Moca. She's so cute.

My Indian Blue peahen Sage

Colbolt

My 25 Black Australorp pullets

Gun Smoke

Me and my White peacock Ice.

I like doing photography with animals mainly.
8 Peafowl eggs I have in my incubator.

My Indian Blue peacock Colbolt.

My Indian Blue peacock Genie.

Colbolt and my Indian Blue peahen Sage behind his train.

My colt Gun Smoke

Full moon with the horses.

Full Moon over the creek

Goslings across the canal.

Peafowl nest

My Red Border Collie puppy Moca. She's so cute.

My Indian Blue peahen Sage

Colbolt

My 25 Black Australorp pullets

Gun Smoke

Me and my White peacock Ice.

Those are great pics!!!
thumbsup.gif

Hi everyone. I am trying to lean photography, but with my health issues, it is slow going. Last year I bought a Canon T5i. I know it isn't a great camera, but it was the best I could afford. I have the 2 kit lenses that came with it and I purchased a 50 1.4. I am struggling to use it. Some pics come out great, but others are not in focus. Have to keep practicing. I have only used my camera a few times so far. I need to get out there at take more pics.

My question isn't so much with taking pics, but post production. I read that I should store my photos on a hard drive and us Lightroom. I purchased both of these items and I am having a difficult time learning to use Lightroom. I did manage to get my pics onto the external hard drive, but I can't figure out where to put them online. I am using Pixieset, but not sure if that is the best place to put them. My camera came with software and somehow my pictures sometimes end up in there as well and I have no idea how they got in there. I don't want a bunch of pictures stored on my computer as it is a macbook and getting old. Hence, the external hard drive.

Anyway, here are a few pics I have managed to take so far. If anyone has any tips on Lightroom or where to put photos online, I would love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks for looking.

Mountain peeps love the peacock / shadow pic.

Wise woman love the shot of the girl eating the apple.

WW it is NEVER about the "good" camera, it is ALWAYS about the person behind the camera. Look at the great photographers of the past that captured amazing shots w/ the bare basics of "tech". It is all about practice and lots of shots. That is the amazing thing about digital it doesn't cost any more to take 100 shots then 10 and weed out the bad ones, see what worked and what didn't. I know nothing about lightroom, but I also store mine on external drive.

Back
Top Bottom