Who here is ready for Spring!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Roy Rooster, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Roy Rooster

Roy Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    I don't know about you all, but the ladies and I cannot wait till spring.
    We had a nice day today, with a high around 65. The warmest it has
    been thus far this year. The ladies were out tilling my gardens and snacking
    on what bugs surfaced to get some sun. Now I have spring fever [​IMG]

Who else out there is chicken-land is suffering from the same illness? Just making sure I am not alone. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Are those pics from today? If so, I surely don't feel sorry for you!! LOL!! [​IMG] Today it was in the 50s here. Warmest it has been here in a long while also. My chickens had a wonderful day free ranging also. They have had coop fever for at least 3 days that they haven't been allowed out due to rain and snow. Today the snow is almost all melted. Yes, I am VERY ready for spring.

3. Curlyginger

Curlyginger Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2014
    Massachusetts
    I am SO not feeling bad for you! :)

I live north of Boston, and we got 4 feet of snow in a week and are about to get another foot. Then it is going to drop to the single digits and negatives for at least 5 days. Count yourselves lucky!

This is a photo of the first big snow storm. We now have more than foot more than this now and are expecting another foot tomorrow and Monday.

[​IMG]

4. Roy Rooster

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    No , those pics were from last year. We just had am warm day here and it made me ready for spring. We are supposed to get some cold weather in a few days, I don't want it. So looking at garden pics makes me feel better. I wish my gardens were blooming.

1 person likes this.
  5. Outpost JWB

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Me Too! And I do count myself lucky especially when I see pics like @Curlyginger posted. I have only had to use my 4 wheel drive twice this winter. Lots better than last winter, but hey,

I AM READY FOR SPRING![​IMG]

6. Curlyginger

Jun 14, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, now they are saying we are going to get 2 feet. I am not happy. I want to move to San Diego. :)

7. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I cannot allow myself to have spring fever YET or I might loose my mind. Here in Michigan I am just thankful it is not as bad as last winter when had record breaking snow and at least we are not getting as much snow as Boston. Stay strong @Curlyginger !!

At least winter can be pretty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Outpost JWB

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    I can't complain. Seen on the news last night you guys had already got 55 inches of snow & more to come[​IMG]. Then all that stuff melts.....oh no! I am so sorry for you and everyone who is dealing with that.

9. Curlyginger

Jun 14, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Don't worry - at the rate we're going, it won't melt until April! Sorry I'm so down on the weather. I had surgery 11 days ago and, partly because of the weather, have been very housebound since. Plus, I lived in San Diego for 10 years (although I grew up in Mass) and lost my taste for winter then. I'll be happy in summer and fall again! I love fall - my favorite! That being said, the snow is actually quite lovely!

10. Roy Rooster

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    so sorry you are having to recover from surgery. I hope you feel better soon. I feel so bad for you folks that are stuck in the northeast, the winter there has been
    terrible. I have never seen snow like that, but I am sure if I did, I too would get sick of it pretty fast. I hope that you all thaw out before april. That is a long time
    to be cooped up. Sending good thoughts for you all up there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by